NYSE   BSM   N/A   0.0

Long, Established Track Record

Since 1876, Black Stone Minerals has evolved from a small, family-owned East Texas lumber company into one of the largest owners of oil and natural gas mineral interests in the continental United States.

SCROLL TO REVEAL HISTORY

1800s

1876

W.T. Carter & Bro., a predecessor of Black Stone, was established as a lumber company.

1900s

1968

W.T. Carter & Bro., sold its timber and lumber operations and retained approximately 200,000 gross mineral and royalty acres, shifting its focus to oil and gas.

1980s

Black Stone began developing prospective acreage and in 1985 discovered the Double A Wells Field, an approximately 600 Bcfe discovery in East Texas.

1992

The acquisition of the Kirby Lumber Company’s mineral estate was Black Stone’s first third-party acquisition and expanded its existing core area in East Texas.

1996

Black Stone sold its working interests in the Double A Wells Field.

1998

Black Stone shifted its business model from exploration to mineral acquisitions and, from 1998 to 2001, invested approximately $100 million through seven transactions.

2000s

2002

Black Stone began managing institutionally supported investment funds in 2002; from 2002 to 2010, Black Stone and its fund affiliates invested $1.2 billion through 22 transactions.

2010

Black Stone discontinued its fund business and decided to purchase all future acquisitions directly; since 2010, Black Stone has invested $260 million through 13 transactions.

2012

Black Stone consolidated its affiliate fund interests by exchanging Black Stone equity for fund LP interests and repurchasing additional LP interests for cash.

2015

Black Stone completed its initial public offering and became the largest publicly traded mineral and royalty company in the United States.